- 2 leaves Swiss Chard stems removed
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 avocado, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup basil or mint
- 1 garlic clove
- dash of Santa Maria seasoning
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- dash of Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids (soy sauce alternative)
To Make Pesto:
- In a food processor pulse walnuts, sunflower seeds, basil or mint and garlic. With processor running, add extra virgin olive oil in a thin stream, lemon juice. This version tasted a little too sour so I added a dash of Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids to bring it back to neutral. It adds a nice depth to the pesto.
To Assemble Wraps:
- Place filling ingredients along middle stem of Swiss Chard leaf, top with pesto. Roll or wrap it like a burrito and slice in half.