- 1 lb mince meat (I used pork)
- 3 to 4 sprig of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 2-3 fresh Shiitake mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 Tablespoon light soy sauce (or Braggs Amino Acids)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Santa Maria Seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 200 ml boiling water
- 160 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoons Ponzu sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce (or Bragg’s Amino Acids)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- In a mixing bowl, add in the flour. Make a well in the center and pour in the boiling water. Then use a wooden spoon and stir in the flour. Mix till combined and then add the rest of the water in. Knead till the dough comes together to form a smooth and non sticky dough. Cover with damp cloth and let rest for 20 mins before use.
- To make the filling, in a mixing bowl stir everything together. Make sure the vegetable stock is completely mixed in. The meat should be soft and pasty like.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal balls. Cut each ball into 8 pieces (like a pie), then cut each piece in half (32 pieces in total). Roll the portions round, cover and let rest for 10 mins.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll it flat into a round flat circle. Place a tablespoon of the filling in the center. Seal up the dumpling by pleating the edges to the center. Seal the opening and press lightly to flatten the dumpling. Repeat for all the other portions.
- Heat a fry pan with a teaspoon of cooking oil at medium-low heat. Place about 8 dumplings in and cover the lid. Cook for about 5 minutes. Then open lid and flip the dumplings and cook for another 5 minutes or so. You may need to adjust the timing as needed by checking the seared surface, it should be golden brown. And if you’re unsure if the meat is cooked through, add one tablespoon of water to the pan, cover immediately and allow steam to cook them through for 2 minutes.
- To make sauce whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve hot dumplings with sauce immediately.