Happy New Year!
The holidays kind of whizzed passed us (the relativity of time has that effect as we get older!) and we’re dawning on a new year. In April 2013 I wrote my three-year life plan, which included launching Lady Holiday. I feel truly blessed to have this evolving canvas, dialogue and voice to share ideas, thoughts and experiences of quality with like-minded tastemakers across the globe.
As we begin to reevaluate our lives and create resolutions I thought I’d share this list of “21 Things The Wealthy Do Daily.” Money certainly does not guarantee happiness, but it does create freedom and that is a universal luxury we can all appreciate. I’m wishing each of you abundance in opportunities to create more freedom to do the things you love in 2014.
21 Things The Wealthy Do Daily
1. 70% of wealthy eat less than 300 junk food calories per day. 97% of poor people eat more than 300 junk food calories per day.
2. 80% of wealthy are focused on accomplishing some single goal. Only 12% of the poor do this.
3. 76% of wealthy exercise aerobically 4 days a week. 23% of poor do this.
4. 63% of wealthy listen to audio books during commute to work vs. 5% for poor people.
5. 81% of wealthy maintain a to-do list vs. 19% for poor.
6. 63% of wealthy parents make their children read 2 or more non-fiction books a month vs. 3% for poor.
7. 70% of wealthy parents make their children volunteer 10 hours or more a month vs. 3% for poor.
8. 80% of wealthy make hbd calls vs. 11% of poor.
9. 67% of wealthy write down their goals vs. 17% for poor.
10. 88% of wealthy read 30 minutes or more each day for education or career reasons vs 2% for poor.
11. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% for poor.
12. 79% of wealthy network 5 hours or more each month vs. 16% for poor.
13. 67% of wealthy watch 1 hour or less of TV. every day vs. 23% for poor.
14. 6% of wealthy watch reality T.V. vs. 78% for poor.
15. 44% of wealthy wake up 3 hours before work starts vs.3% for poor.
16. 74% of wealthy teach good daily success habits to their children vs. 1% for poor.
17. 84% of wealthy believe good habits create opportunity luck vs. 4% for poor.
18. 76% of wealthy believe bad habits create detrimental luck vs. 9% for poor.
19. 86% of wealthy believe in life-long educational self-improvement vs. 5% for poor.
20. 86% of wealthy love to read vs. 26% for poor.
21. 23% of wealthy gamble, 52% of poor people gamble.